Casey comes to visit!

Helloo again! My friend Casey from Northeastern visited me this week for her spring break :) 

While I was at work, she spent the day exploring the city. She visited Granville Island market, Lynn suspension bridge, and Stanley Park, all places I have yet to visit, but definitely will put on the to do list after her positive reviews. "I had a nice time"- Casey Josephine Ross. 

Casey on a solo trip to Lynn Canyon suspension bridge

I gave Casey a tour of UBC, which included a walk down to Wreck Beach

At night we went to Grouse mountain to ski! There was a ton of snow and it was super fun. There are three mountains that offer night skiing within an hour of Vancouver and Grouse is accessible by public transportation. This was my first time night skiing in Vancouver and I definitely plan on going more in the upcoming weeks. The skiing is so accessible and the mountain offers great conditions.


View of the Vancouver from the top of the gondola at Grouse Mountain
We went out to dinner and got ramen at a small restaurant called Marutama in downtown Vancouver. So slurpy! The egg in the ramen was my favorite part. We got a little lost downtown trying to figure out the bus system, but figured it out. 

Friday I took a day off of work and we headed up to Whistler. We took the snowbus, a bus service offering rides from Vancouver to Whistler everyday AND they gave us free granola bars! The skiing was pretty good and it was fun showing Casey around the mountain. We spent the night at my friend’s condo and then skied again on Saturday.

Casey and I on top of Blackcomb (it was quite windy)

My sister is visiting next week, cant wait to show her around!

Best fishes,

Lucy 

Comments

  1. Woah that Casey girl seems super cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a nice young lady! I actually didn't invite her to visit (she invited herself), but i just felt so bad for her (with the recent rash and everything) that I couldn't say no.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday: Stanley park strolls and Seymour skiing

Co-op in Vancouver!