Sun(set) Sushi!

Easter Weekend

Another great thing about Canada...the Friday and Monday of Easter weekend are statutory holidays! I took advantage of the extra long weekend by skiing at Whistler on Friday and Sunday and enjoying some much needed rest and friend time on Saturday and Monday.

I have mentioned this before but the one thing that still makes me so excited aobut living in Vancouver is that one day you could be hitting powder runs at Whistler and the next be enjoying a sunset picnic at a local beach. Such an amazing place to live. 

Saturday night my roommate and I met up at sun sushi with two of our friends from UBC for takeout. Sun sushi is a fabulous place. they have sushi rolls for 2.50 each!! They had vegetarian options available for all of us vegheads including yam tampura, avocado, and cucumber rolls. Sun sushi is a popular spot for UBC students and given the price/ yumminess, I can see why. We took our sun sushi rolls down to Tower beach to enjoy the Saturday sunset. Tower beach is located on the UBC campus and is full of driftwood logs and large skipping stones. 

We ate our sushi with the sun setting in front of us, curled up in blankets sitting on the driftwood. My roommate has some superb stone skipping ability and we watched showcase his skillz while talking about summer plans. It was great to hang out with my friend that goes to UBC, as she is done with classes now and will only be in Vancouver for another week :(. Overall, it was a great Saturday night at the beach and I am excited for many nights to come throughout the summer!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday: Stanley park strolls and Seymour skiing

Co-op in Vancouver!

Casey comes to visit!