The Daily Routine

3 months in Van!!

I have been in Vancouver for almost 3 months now and I am beginning to feel comfortable as a resident. I now know where the bus stops are located, the bus routes, and how frequently they come. I know where the popular restaurants are and even have been to a few! I have been to the popular sunny day spots (e.g. Stanley park, Kitsilano beaches, or Granville Island) and I know popular hikes outside of Vancouver (e.g. the Chief, Garibaldi Lake), but unfortunately have not had the chance to go out and hike yet. I feel comfortable as a resident and I am excited to go and explore the places that I have heard about!

The Daily Routine

Morning: 
  • Eat breakfast and leave the house around 8:15
  • Walk to bus stop (~8 min walk)
  • Take bus (~20 ride) and pay using Compass card (similar to the Charlie card), CAD$2.10 per ride 
  • Arrive at UBC, and walk to the Aquatic Ecosystems Research Lab (~5 min), where I work. 
Day:
  • Desktop research (am), eat lunch with grad students/recent graduate researchers, desktop research (pm)
Afternoon: 
  • Head home on the bus (~35 min total)
  • Go for a run/go out with roommate/go to trivia night/hangout at home/run errands
  • BED 😍
As you can see the day is pretty simple, but it is going by so fast! I can not believe I have been here for so long already BUT I have started to notice that I no longer need to use Google Maps to navigate and let me tell you, it is quite liberating. Yesterday, I went for a run on a route I have not been on yet and I made it down to Kitsilano beach (about 2 miles from home), and back without looking once! I can also navigate the trails of the Pacific Spirit park without looking at my maps. The Pacific Spirit Regional park separates the Kitsilano/Dunbar areas (where students commonly live) from the UBC campus. The park has a network of trails and it is a great spot to run/bike/walk and there are always a ton of dog walkers! I have attached some photos that I have taken of the Pacific Spirit Regional Park as well as other views that I commonly see on my daily routine :) .

All photos taken while running!



Pacific Sprit park path

Kitsilano Beach! 

Cherry blossoms on the way to Pacific Sprit Park





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday: Stanley park strolls and Seymour skiing

Co-op in Vancouver!

Casey comes to visit!