Trip to Sun Valley, Idaho!

Trip to Sun Valley, Idaho

This past weekend I travelled to the land of potatoes to visit my mom and cousin. My cousin has been living the ski bum lifestyle for about 2 years now in Sun Valley (a small ski town) and will be moving out and back east this week. I have always wanted to visit her in the fun ski town and I finally got the chance to! My mom has also been living in Sun Valley and plans to move there in the fall, so I was really excited to check it out and see them both. 





The Sun Valley area is home to ski mountains, cross country areas, and hiking trails, as well as a ton of outdoorsy people! My mom and I went on a short hike to our family friend's small cabin in the middle of a valley. The cabin has amazing views of the surrounding mountains. It was a completely clear, sunny day and I realized how little I have enjoyed the sun in Vancouver. It was really nice to feel the warmth of the sun and have to squint looking up to the mountains. Our family friend's cabin is the coziest spot, with beds facing out into the mountains and huge windows to let the sun in. If I was in Sun Valley longer, I would have loved to spend the night there. 

On Sunday, I went skiing with my cousin at the major ski area of the area, Bald Mountain. This past weekend was closing weekend, so I brought my ski boots down from Vancouver and joined in on the festivities for closing day. My mom has been working for the ski education group at the mountain, and I was able to secure a free pass! The closing day is always a party, with everyone dressed up in fun costumes, and skiing in the sun. I borrowed an 80s onesie from a family friend and really embraced the 80s lifestyle (see photo lol). We had a great day skiing and had a nice dinner with my mom for her birthday. 

It was really nice to see family and even though it was a big trip for a weekend, I am really glad that I went to visit them. It was also awesome to see another part of the North American west, and I would love to explore and travel more in the Washington/Idaho area. It made me excited about traveling this summer after co-op ends. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday: Stanley park strolls and Seymour skiing

Co-op in Vancouver!

Casey comes to visit!